Friday, August 24, 2012

SoMeTiMeS yOu CoMe OuT cRaWliNg

Once a upon a time in the wonderful land of Bowling Green, Kentucky, my companion and one of our friends decided that we were all going to go on a hike on the the lost river cave trail. We were all having a wonderful time enjoying the beauty of the earth when we came across a ditch with a little steam running through it maybe one inch deep, if that. On the other side of that ditch it was really pretty, there were lots of trees and it look like a great photo op. So I handed my camera to my companion and asked her to take a picture of me on the other side. I walked down the ditch and got to the bottom and tried to jump over to the other side but it was an epic FAIL! I slid down the side of it because in Kentucky they have that clay that, even if it looks dry, it's not and it is very slippery. I tried to crawl back up but I just slid right back down. Finally I realized that it's not worth it so I tried to go back to the other side. It sure was not easy to go back. I would climb up but then slide back down. It happened about three times. Every time I almost got out I would just fall back down. I even called out to my companion for help but she was laughing so hard she could not move. I noticed a small root that was popping out close to the top and I thought to myself, that can't help me get out. By the fourth time I decided, why not, and I used that small root to get me out of the ditch.

You may be thinking to yourself, why is she telling this story? Well after all this happened and we stopped laughing I realized that what I had just gone through was what a lot of people go through in real life. We see the other side and think that its going to be better. So we try to go over but we fall we try to get back up but we fall again and before we know it we are in this pit and we don't know how we are going to get out. I compare the small root that I used to get out to Heavenly Father. You think He cant get out but if you put your faith in Him, He can pull you out of anything. As long as you trust in Him. Sometimes you have to come out crawling but what matters is that you come out. It is something that I have had to learn the hard way. As I have gotten older I have learned that I can lean on Him in all things.

2 comments:

  1. I heard this story! It is so funny, yet so applicable to life! We do have to have faith in our Heavenly Father to get us out of the hard things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The slippery slope of sin. All we have to do is grab on to Jesus the root of Faith and we can get out of it!
    Man do I sound Southern or what? Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete